Queens Platinum Jubilee Celebration
This year Her Majesty The Queen will become the first British Monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee, marking 70 years of service to the people of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth.
There will be a four-day bank holiday from 2nd – 5th June and it is anticipated many residents will get together over this weekend, attending individual street parties and similar events. To get these celebrations off to a flying start, the Parish Council has decided to join over 1500 locations across the UK by lighting a beacon on the village green at 9.45 pm on Thursday 2nd June 2022.
In line with the nationwide programme, our event will include a piper, bugler and local choir singing a song that has been specially commissioned for the event.
The Parish Council sees this unique event as a fantastic opportunity to bring the village together and is currently considering how this ‘core’ event can be expanded into a full evening of celebration, probably starting at around 7.00pm.
Planning is at an early stage, but some of the ideas that are currently being considered include:
- music from each of the 7 decades of Queen Elizabeth 2nd’s reign
- a picnic area, where there will be seating and open-sided marquees
- food and drink provided by local businesses
- a vintage bus following a route around the village, which residents can use to go to/from the event
At this stage, we are keen to gauge likely levels of interest among residents and to receive your ideas of what form this celebration might take. The Parish Council is also very keen to ensure that this event is as inclusive as possible, so one priority is to ensure as far as practicable that every resident who wishes to attend is given any help that they might need to get to and from the event.
To help plan this event, please to let us know:
- Whether you would like to attend this event?
- If you would be willing to volunteer to help plan and/or deliver this event on the day?
- The contact details for any person who would need assistance getting to/from this event
- Your feedback on the ideas above or suggestions that you might have for what we might do the celebrate this
To get in touch you can email email@example.com, call 01992 813442 or drop a note into the Parish Council office.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Would you like the opportunity to make a difference? If so, we openly encourage residents to attend meetings to engage with the Parish Council and see how you can be part of community projects and initiatives.
For more information about the village of Theydon Bois, its history and the range of activities on offer, please visit: theydon.org.uk